To honor Mother’s Day’s in past year’s I’ve covered a lot of different territory* from:
- 5 (Cat) Mother Archetypes – which one are you?
- Writing about my Mom (complete with old school pics!) and how she always recounts my birth on Mother’s Day since I DID make her a Mom being the first-born and all (hey, I’ll need to discuss why we missed that important story this year!)
- To what one of my furkids (Petie!) has given/taught me
- Stories of furry cat moms (both dog and cat!)
- And my “holy sh@&!” moment when I realized my cats are my responsibility – I’m a Mom!
Today I figured I’d just share what I did with my Mama this year. I’m so grateful to still have her in my life given she’s been through quite a few major health challenges the past few years.
As always, my card to her read that she’s not allowed to die. Nice huh? I mean, it was just a “P.S.”. As someone who has always been terrified of death and mortality in general it’s not an option, no where in my realm of possibilities. It just isn’t (clearly we haven’t gotten to this in my therapy yet).
This year we went to STORM KING ART CENTER in New York State, about 45 minutes away from NYC. It’s essentially an outdoor sculpture garden. She’s such a good mommy, though she’s been before, she remembered I hadn’t and wanted to. It was such a nice day seemed perfect for an outdoor activity.
Here are a few of the photos from our outing so you can take a virtual trip! Me in all black of course (I haven’t shaved yet from the winter – TMI! – let alone unpacked my Summer clothes!).
You could certainly take several trips there or spend an entire day. We stuck to the main path but there are many walking trails as well.
Though Petie had in fact gone through my “to do” list and added a few choice items like “more naps,” “kibble,” and “send siblings on trip.” Oh Petie Bear! LOL!
And Kip, apparently having spent too much of my time away watching kitten videos wanted to know where “kittens come from?” and announced he wanted one (ha! sounds like me asking for a sister or a dog when I was 4 years of age!).
It sure is not easy being a Mom! Fur or not! Happy Belated Mother’s Day to ALL the Mom’s out there!
How did YOU spend the day? With your Mom? Your kids or furkids (and if so did they bring or do anything special for you?).
* Be sure and check out some posts from prior years if you just HAPPENED to have missed one or three! =^^=