You May Be Dating Your Cat If…

You may think you don’t have a date today. You may be wrong. If you have a cat you may be – unbeknownst to you – be dating him or her.

Here are 11 signs you might be dating your cat. Feel free to substitute “he” for “she.”

1. He leaves the bed in the middle of the night to sleep elsewhere and you get upset.

source: dose.com

source: dose.com

2. You reply to his meows by saying, “yes, dear, I know it’s chilly in here,” or, “I know, I do wish the neighbors would keep it down.”

3. Your date looks at you when the center of his plate is empty because he thinks all the food is gone.

cat thinks it has no food

source: unkown (from somewhere on the Facebook universe)

4. Friends think you’re describing a 2-legged fur-less man but you’re actually talking about your cat.

5. You start resenting always having to be the outside spoon.

source: catbeinghuman.blogspot.com

source: catbeinghuman.blogspot.com

Now somehow this baby got it right (source: imgur)

Now somehow this baby got it right (source: imgur)

6. His accessories are more expensive than yours.

7. You wish he would make tea when you’re sick or pick up your prescriptions at the pharmacy.

source: flickr

source: flickr

8. You take it personally when he won’t come to bed at night.

9. When you see him on someone elses lap you feel a pang of jealousy.

Don't look at me like that, I don't see a ring on this paw do you? (source: petmd)

Don’t look at me like that, I don’t see a ring on this paw do you? (source: petmd)

10.  You think about him constantly when you’re apart.

11. You wonder what he’d get you for your birthday – if he had currency and thumbs.

Can you think of other clues you and your cat may be in a serious relationship?

This entry was posted in Cats and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to You May Be Dating Your Cat If…

1. Catzowey! Me & Myself are EyeTailYun so we’s the lovers of love messages & always dating the Staff . Yep uh huh and the rest izza secret

2. Summer says:

My human needs to pass this post along to a friend of hers! MOL.

3. Yeah… In my house, my ranking with Dan has fallen below Jazmine. He is head over heels in love with her, but I gotta admit I don’t blame him… she is irresistible!

.ʌ„„„ʌ”˜˜‟ ╮
    ≽ˉ•ˉ≼¸_„(”)
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    Happy Meowy-tine’s Day – Purrs from the Zee and Zoey Gang!

4. Tina Modugno says:

Haha! Love this post Tamar! It’s very obvious that I’m dating my cat(s)!

5. We’re girls, so it’s a good thing Mommy isn’t dating us! MOL

12. I describe him as “all the man I need”
    13. I wish he could drive, and had a car.
    14. I wish he and I could go out to dinner, to the movies, to concerts, on long drives, etc.
    *Need I say more?* 😉

7. ana meow says:

You desperately wish he could speak English (or you could speak Meow) so that you could be more specific in taking care of his every need…every minute of the day, including at 3:34 AM when he wakes you up…meowing plaintively.

8. Andrew Lite says:

I see my cat like a member of the family (a naughty child) more than a date

9. This is a classic! I cannot stop laughing!!! Happy Happy Valentine’s Day! xoxo

10. LJ says:

Yes, yes…a thousand times yes!

11. we make a Great Couple we do ! but I always have to drive (he says he wants to drive , but then never does) ! and I must always Pay , for everything ! and yes he is the best cuddly Kitty-Cat ever ♥

12. i often say ” if my Gaby (who looks exactly like the Kitty in these Pics) was a man he would have saved me a lot of heartache”. OBTW: I DO speak Cat and He DOES speak Human!

13. Thankx for sharing this tips now i am enjoying with my cat also thankx alot for that.

14. boyajianann says:

YESSS!!

15. Brooke says:

Oh yes! I’m definitely dating my cats! Lol

16. Deztinee says:

Dat be a very cute posty. We luvved Amy’s story as well. Sorry weez be combinin’ ow comments but we kuldn’t get da comment portion to load anywere els. It just kep sayin’ disqus is not wespondin’. Anyways, gweat posties.

Luv ya’