A New York Christmas

I’ve been playing tourist and wanted to share a little New York City Christmas magic through photos and video with you. Enjoy!

First up, the tree at Rockefeller Center. It was a hazy night which I think made it even more beautiful.

New York City at Christmas

NYC at Christmas

New York City at Christmas

New York City at Christmas

Across the street from the tree is Saks Fifth Avenue where they project a light show against the facade of the building.  I did shoot some video, but the one they have on their YouTube channel is far superior so I’m posting that one instead!

Also on Fifth Avenue, the Cartier building with three of its iconic panthers adorning it.

Cartier Building

cartier

Next step, Grand Central Station! I was pleasantly surprised by a light show I knew nothing about.

Grand Central Station Light Show

New York City at Christmas

New York at Christmas

I took the first video, someone else took the second but they captured a really neat part I didn’t even get to see.

And of course, the Empire State Building decked out in green and red.

New York City at Christmas

I hope you enjoyed the sights and sounds of my city. NYC is a magical place to be around the holidays. And it’s saying a lot when people who’ve lived here as long as I are swept-up in the moment along with everyone else.

This entry was posted in Tamar and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to A New York Christmas

My human loves New York during the holiday season. She wishes she were there right this very minute!

2. Ingrid King says:

Beautiful photos! I’m so glad I got to see some of these sights with you earlier this month!

3. Rebecca says:

You made my holiday! And being a “hard core” New Yorker, that’s a tall feat! Thank you for bringing the season into our homes!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! thank you xoxo

4. Connie says:

I’m always sad I can’t see the window displays..

The saks show was far better than any I’ve seen (I think I’ve seen all of two)

5. Susan says:

Absolutely lovely! Makes me want to spend Christmas in NYC some day. Best wishes to you and the kitties for a joyous Christmas!

6. Robin Olson says:

Lovely photos! Makes me want to hop the train right now and get to the City! Merry Christmas!

7. This was an absolutely beautiful posting! Thank you so much for sharing it with some of us who have never had the pleasure of actually seeing it in person…So many wonderful things are here in our great country…one has to just look to see them. Merry Christmas Tamar and IHaveCat!!

8. Christy says:

Brilliant! Thanks for sharing! Next time I won’t leave the day before all the trees are lit! I missed the Grand Central light show when I was walking around- v. cool. I especially loved the Saks movie and the ice skaters. Great memories of NY, still magic after all these years! : ) Merry Christmas!

Incredibly beautiful and very impressive — thanks for sharing with us, Tamar! and wishing you and your loved ones the happiest of holidays and a wonderful New Year 2014!

10. absolutely loved this!! Wish I had been there in December instead of November! I have the red and green Empire State building on Dakota’s blog today :) This was great!

11. Kathy says:

NYC is a magical place to be any time–it has an energy I’ve never felt anywhere else. The photos are beautiful. Thank you.

12. Ohhh so beutiful it is in N.Y at Christmas !
    Thanks for sharing !
    Happy Holiday’s :)

XOXO

13. NYC at Christmas is the cat’s meow!!

14. My human is so missing NYC, especially at Christmas time.
    Thanks for the lovely pictures! Happy Holiday Season!
    Purrs

15. New York City – I really believe it is magical every day! Thank you so much for posting the holidays.

16. love the deco buildings. Posted the Empire State Building on our Art Deco FB page.
    Thanks for sharing!

17. Erin says:

Loved this; thanks for sharing!