You Like Me, You Really Like Me!

“You like me. Your really like me.”

I’m not sure why, but that’s the quote that rose from the deep recesses of my mind when I learned I HAVE CAT had become a finalist for Dogtime’s Pettie Award for Best Social Integration. Okay, maybe it’s not really me you like but Petie – a mere technicality!

Dogtime Pettie Best Social Integration

I We are flattered that, because of our powerful community of 14,000+ Facebook fans, we’re in a position to win $1,000 for our favorite local pet rescue organization!  To help us win all you have to do is…

…click on this link and have your friends click on it and vote for I HAVE CAT up to two times a day everyday through July 29th (per Dogtime.com, only 2 votes a day will be counted for each person)!

It’s super easy and takes only seconds – no registration required!. Click on the link and this is what you’ll see:

Click on as many or few categories you want and hit VOTE!  Just remember to vote I HAVE CAT for “Best Social Integration Blog.”

If we win, I HAVE CAT would like to donate our $1,000 winning to City Critter’s Inc.

City Critter’s Inc has been around since 1994 and save cats from the streets and from various shelters in New York City. All three of my cats are from City Critters and I’ve also fostered at least 22 cat/kittens through them for the last few years.

City Critter Rescue Adoptions

They don’t have a brick-and-morter shelter but use their network of foster parents to home cats during the week. On the weekends rescues up for adoption can been seen at Petco Kips Bay at 31st and Second Ave and PetSmart at Broadway between Bleecker and Houston.

THANK YOU for helping us reach 14,000 FB fans to date and don’t forget to vote for us at least once a day (you can vote up to 2 times!).

*The first person to identify the year, actress and movie with which this quote is associated will get something from me (okay your cat will get something from me – no clue what but I”ll try and make it good!).

This entry was posted in Advocacy, Cats and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to You Like Me, You Really Like Me!

1. Devilofabird says:

Sally Fields, as Norma Rae in her 1985 acceptance speech

2. Devilofabird says:

Sorry the CHARACTER was Norma Rae.  the movie was Places in the Heart. and the movie was 1984 ( I was 3!)

3. Devilofabird says:

4. Devilofabird says:

By the way, the actual quote (from what I can find) is “I haven’t had an orthodox career, and I’ve wanted more than anything to
    have your respect. The first time I didn’t feel it, but this time I feel
    it, and I can’t deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!”

5. Devilofabird says:

have your respect. The first time I didn’t feel it, but this time I feel
    it, and I can’t deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!”

6. ccarolyn05 says:

i voted for this site..

7. Devilofabird says:

I do have cats!  Happy, spoiled rotten cats ;)  Old is a state of mind ;)  I voted for your site and Catsparella and a couple of others :)

8. Devilofabird says:

I actually knew who said it, I love her in Smokey and the Bandit (A shameless Trans Am ad ;)  )

• MyKinKStar says:

I never liked Firebirds or Cameros because they look like the Rolling Stone’s tongue logo.  Well, maybe not exactly, but just a reminder of such!  Those movies were awful – Awful Fun!

9. Lakitty12 says:

You rock our kitty world.

10. Gris Oscuro says:

Done!!!!!!!!!!!!! best of luck!!

11. Ingrid King says:

Congratulations on your nomination, and best of luck to you!

Boy, does Sally Field look young in that photo!

12. I’m late for the party and of course knew the answer.  I was old enough to watch her win that night and remember my full-body cringe. Now, you we like and want we you to win.

13. Devilofabird says:

So when do we find out if you won? (and was I supposed to get an email from you or something?)

I don’t find out until end of August! I emailed you but didn’t hear back. Can you send your mailing address to me at ihavecat(at)gmail(dot)com? THANKS!