When I make brussel sprouts I usually chop ’em up, coat them in olive oil, and either soy sauce or balsamic vinegar, salt and cook on a cookie sheet until crispy.
Sharon, an I HAVE CAT reader who was never a big brussel fan shares another easy and interesting way to cook these veges. Give it a try – you too might become a convert too!
- Saute chopped red onions in a pan over a medium flame (with olive oil- or organic/vegan alternative)
- When onion is transparent, add chopped brussel sprouts (cut in halves or however you like)
- Add cinnamon over veggies and cook until veggies are cooked to your satisfaction
- Toss with cran raisins and nuts (pinoli nuts or almonds work well)
- Option: Add chopped apples as well